Saturday, October 1, 2011

VfL Bückeburg 3 TSV Ottersberg 3

                                                                                                     
 Ottersberg. Quite literally translated Otterhill. I have never heard of Ottersberg. Or indeed have any idea where it is. But I kind of like the idea of a hill full of otters. 
An otter
A hill


   A Friday night game. Whoop! Going into the game, I was actually confident. Ottersberg were only 3 points better off than us, and we were riding high on confidence on the back of an away win last Saturday. 

Tonight was night of the stupid names. The referee was called Hauke-Jörn, his assistant was Sascha-Patrick and, get this, Gerrit. 

Not to be outdone, TSV had some wonderful names. There was Tjaven, Falk, Jair, Eugen and my favourite Lord Hoopmann. I shit you not. He didn't play, but I was ready to regale him.

Tim Buchwald - Book Forest
 We started ok. And it was a bit of a suprise when in the 6th minute, "Bubi" Bremer clipped a lovely ball down the right flank to Jonas Abram, who cut inside his man and floated a peach of a cross onto the stooping head of Tim Buchwald. 

In the 14th minute came the leveller. Once again, we were woefully exposed down the right, ball was crossed in and Mazan Moslehe smashed home from 10 yards.

But that was it really. Although the performance was 100% better than against Göttingen, it seemed that TSV just wanted it more. They were technically better, and first to most balls in the middle of the park. Having said that the next real chance came VfL's way, with a looping header coming off of the crossbar. 

Went into the break at 1-1.

In the second half I went down the other end and joined the only two Bückeburg fans that have ever spoken to me. In fact before the game I was trying to glean some info into why they were banned from travelling on the coach, due to a hullabaloo in Stelingen. As I was probing said fan, some horrid oik in the balcony above me just butted in our conversation and took over. This is probably why I can't be bothered with ingratiating myself to the "fans" of VfL. If you are reading this rude person, although I doubt you have the intelligence to a) read b) know English, you are a disgusting example of oafishness and please make yourself known to me at the next home match, where I will duly kick you in the bollocks and teach you all about manners. Rant over!!


A pair of bollocks
In the 68th minute TSV took the lead and indeed, I did mention the "B" word above. But two minutes later, we drew level. Once again a cross from Abram, confusion in the box and the ball falls to skipper Niko Werner who spanked it in from 12 yards. I did a little jig of joy when that went in.


Niklas Fritsche had replaced the inaffective Moritz Heine and added some pepp to our attack. So much so that five minutes from time, the Könnemann brothers combined and Pascal slipped in Bastian, who finshed with grand finesse to put us 3-2 up with five minutes left to play.


You can guess the rest right? 89th minute and TSV whip over a corner, The Tangerine comes out but the header is glanced in to make it 3-3. 


So, a point won or a 2 points lost? Hard to say. We were second best the whole game, BUT had the better chances, hitting the bar and having a shot cleared off the line in the second half. Another Friday game on erm...well...Friday of course, this time away to Rehden where I shall be attending. 


Chris Ashton
As I write this, just seen a great game of rugby in the world cup, England coming from behind (Fnarr, Fnarr), to beat Scotland, with a try from Chris Ashton, Toby Flood then converting, in the last minutes of the game.

Romford travel to Enfield Town, Orient take on Preston North End, Raiders play Milton Keynes and tomorrow myself and Mrs Reject will be attending Hannover 96 v Werder Bremen, so a great weekend of sport in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment